iLO Administrator password lost/changed. Host computer is running Linux RHEL of some flavor.
- hprsm (search for it in the Search box of the download page above; select your architecture)
- hpasm (search for it in the Search box of the download page above; select your architecture)
Install: (sample is for a RHEL 4 on a x86_64)
# rpm -ivh hponcfg-1.2.0-4.linux.rpm hprsm-7.8.0-75.rhel4.x86_64.rpm hpasm-7.7.0-115.rhel4.x86_64.rpm
Activate hpasm (the rpm install will prompt you to do this):
Activate hprsm (the rpm install will prompt you to do this):
# /opt/compaq/hprsm/hprsm activate
Create a .xml file which describes the new password:
<LOGIN USER_LOGIN="Administrator" PASSWORD="boguspassword">
# hponcfg -f $FILE_NAME.xml
Log into the iLO with the "newpassword".
- boguspassword in the .xml file above is required, but not checked
- any password length rules which are active in the iLO are enforced; if "newpassword" isn't long enough the hponcfg command will fail and tell you why
- check to make sure that your HP platform is listed on the download pages for each of the rpms you select, otherwise you are wasting your time
- if you are running Windows, see the Source link, below